Azara is seeking experienced database engineers with a high attention to detail and a desire to improve everything they lay their hands on. You will work on designing, implementing and optimizing our data warehouse / business intelligence platform. This is an opportunity to be part of the healthcare industry’s rapid transformation as we work with our clients to identify and address real opportunities for improvement in cost and healthcare quality.
The team uses agile and test-driven development practices for new development as well as for refactoring and enhancing existing software. All work is done in a team setting with a focus on team accountability and success. Understanding the technical and business “why” behind team solutions is an important attribute of an Azara Team Member.
- Design, implementing, and test new features, using SQL programming (T-SQL)
- Optimize existing data aggregation and reporting for better performance
- Perform varied analyses to support organization and client improvement
- Design and construct data visualizations that meet project requirements and that comply with Catalyst design standards and principles
- Perform data validation tests to ensure quality
- Work with clinicians to improve healthcare
- Facilitate and manage improvement activities
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Working knowledge of database principles, processes, technologies and tools
- General understanding of analytics and statistics
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Working knowledge of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) applications
- Familiarity with development methodologies including the AGILE development approaches
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated; comfortable working independently under general direction
- Strong sense of customer service to consistently and effectively address client needs
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA in information or business-related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- 1+ year’s experience in technology or technology related field
Azara offers a full suite of medical plans, 401(k) plan, 10 company holidays, 4 weeks of paid vacation time and other benefits in addition to a competitive salary. If you are interested in applying for any of the Azara career opportunities, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.