Azara is seeking an Entry Level Database Engineer with a high attention to detail and a passion for creating high performing applications. You will work on designing, implementing and improving our data warehouse / business intelligence platform. This is an opportunity to be part of the healthcare industry’s rapid transformation as we work with our clients to identify and address real opportunities for improvement in cost and healthcare quality.
The team uses agile and test-driven development practices for new development as well as for refactoring and enhancing existing software. All work is done in a team setting with a focus on team accountability and success. Understanding the technical and business “why” behind team solutions is an important attribute of an Azara team member.
- Design, developing and testing new features within our data warehouse
- Create new interfaces to allow data to be securely transferred in and out of our system
- Evaluate new tools / frameworks to use within our platform
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Actively solicit and incorporate feedback from clients and internal stakeholders on new software features and designs
Required Technical Skills
- Database principles, processes, technologies, and tools (data modeling, design)
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Working knowledge of a high-level programming language (c#, Java)
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High comfort level interacting with colleagues and with various levels of client organizations
- Strong sense of customer service to consistently and effectively addresses customer needs
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information and adhere to data security and confidentiality protocols and procedures
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA in Computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree
- 1+ years’ experience in technology or technology related field
Azara offers a full suite of medical plans, 401(k) plan, 10 company holidays, 4 weeks of paid vacation time and other benefits in addition to a competitive salary. If you are interested in applying for any of the Azara career opportunities, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.